Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bible Study Help

Are you having difficulty finding a book of the Bible to read through, individually, or in a small group setting? May I suggest the book of Jeremiah, from the Old Testament. I am teaching tonight from Jeremiah 17, and I have found not only invaluable spiritual lessons from this book, but certain historical circumstances that take place in the context of Jeremiah's ministry is exciting and depressing at the same time.

I would also recommend either purchasing an ESV Study Bible or if you know someone who has one, borrow theirs, because the articles about the political and historical context of Israel and not to mention other countries in this region during this time frame are a great resource. Anyway, I have just now shamelessly promoted a book of the Bible and not to mention a translation. So go get your Old Testament on!

1 comment:

  1. "Go get your old testament on!!"

    Nice. I'm stealing that one, lol. Any specifics on what Jeremiah is teaching you?

    ReplyDelete

Start or join a conversation! Please do not use the 'Anonymous'; option; use the Name/URL form and leave a first and last name (or last initial). Thank you.