Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Repentance and Glory Projects


Every once in a while I have to step back and re-evaluate what I am doing - usually this has to do with a project that I need to drop. It happened a couple of months ago when I had to drop my 13-week review of Doctrine: What Christians Should Believe. This time, I need to publicly repent and drop the month-long meditation on the doctrine of The Image of God that I have been working on. It is a good project. It needs to be done. But at this point I have too much on my plate, and this is becoming a glory project, which is something that people do for their own glory at the expense of other projects that God has called them to do for His glory. I am guilty of that: this is a good project, but it isn't the right time, and I am robbing God by spending all my time on my project and not on the projects that He has set for me such as school and my relationship and renewed focus on evangelism and discipleship and prayer and writing on a wider variety of other topics.

Repentance for Ditching the Blog
One other order of business: while I am repenting for blogging about the wrong things, or at least for coming up with the wrong projects for this blog, I also need to repent of laziness. I still feel like writing for The Voice is something that I am supposed to do. I left this place hanging for two full weeks, and my petty reasons -mostly sickness- do not cut it. I will return to daily or semi-daily writing starting tonight. Thank you for your patience and for continuing to follow the blog, officially. Means a lot.

What Is Coming Up on The Voice
There are still a few projects that I have not been led to drop: the Gospel of Mark series has a lot more posts coming (one this coming Friday or Saturday!) and some one-shot book reviews are getting the early touches. Doctrine: What Christians Should Believe will be the first review coming, followed by Donald Miller's A Million Miles In a Thousand Years. There are also some video interviews and guest blogs in the works - more information is coming! I am looking forward to bringing back the content. Hope you guys find something worthwhile, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start or join a conversation! Please do not use the 'Anonymous'; option; use the Name/URL form and leave a first and last name (or last initial). Thank you.